Barbados is known for its beautiful, pristine beaches. So of course, there are many water activities available such as jet-skiing, surfing, boogie boarding, and paddleboarding. But what if you want to do something a little different? Luckily, Barbados also offers many different catamaran cruise options! Let’s take a look at some of the top Barbados catamaran cruises and tours.
Why Take a Barbados Catamaran Cruise?
Barbados has some of the best Catamaran cruises available. How could it not with its crystal clear waters and abundant sea life?
Taking a Barbados catamaran cruise is not only a great way to explore the area, get closer to nature, and see the island from a new perspective. Some Barbados catamaran cruises offer a luxurious experience that will leave you feeling relaxed, refreshed, and pampered. Some experiences focus on snorkeling and adventurous water activities.
Most cruises offer a meal of some sort and some even offer wine as you step aboard the boat. No matter what you choose, get ready to have a wonderful, memorable catamaran experience!
What to Look for in a Barbados Catamaran Cruise
When looking at Barbados catamaran trips, consider what activities you want to be included in your package. Some catamaran outings offer tours, some offer snorkeling, and some offer multi-course meals with bottomless drinks.
Ensuring your expectations line up with the planned activities on the catamaran trip will make sure you have the best experience possible.
Another tip is to check the catamaran departure and return time for your selected trip. Make sure it aligns with any other activities you have planned. For example, if you want to be back at your hotel by lunchtime, make sure the catamaran trip itinerary matches your desired timeline.
Types of Barbados Catamaran Cruises
There are three main types of catamaran cruises in Barbados – private tours, sunset cruises, lunch and snorkel cruises.
- Private Catamaran Tours. These are great for people who are seeking a more exclusive event. The catamaran is reserved just for the individual’s group, making this a perfect option for hosting a special event like a wedding, a date night (think proposal!), and even a honeymoon activity. Private tours are customized to your requested length of time and preferred activities.
- Sunset Cruises. Sunset cruises are exactly what they sound like. These catamaran cruises typically begin in the later afternoon and continue into the evening. Unlike private tours, sunset tours have established start and end times as well as pre-planned activities and meals. Most sunset cruises will include activities like snorkeling and dinner. This option is perfect for travelers who want to experience a Barbados sunset on the open water.
- Lunch and Snorkel Cruises. These catamaran snorkel cruises offer tasty lunches and snorkeling at some of the best spots around the island. Swim among sunken ships while admiring diverse marine life and even sea turtles! Cruise-goers will also enjoy sipping drinks and relaxing on the boat while sailing up the West Coast of the island. These cruises also have set start and end times and pre-determined activities. Perfect for travelers who want relaxation and those who want a bit of adventure.
Let’s take a look at the top catamaran cruises available in Barbados. All of the cruises listed below have great reviews on TripAdvisor and knowledgeable captains.
Top 8 Barbados Catamaran Cruises
- Calypso Cruises
- Elegance Catamaran Cruises Barbados
- Cool Runnings Catamaran
- El Tigre Catamaran Cruise Barbados
- Tiami Silver Cruises Barbados
- Silver Moon Barbados
- Jammin Catamaran Cruises
- Seaduced Luxury Catamaran
Calypso Cruises with Captain Nick
With over 500 excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, Calypso Cruises has a lot to offer. Calypso Cruises provides all three types of cruises – private tours, sunset cruises, and lunchtime snorkel cruises. Captain Nick has wonderful reviews for being a fun, well-informed ship captain.
Calypso Cruises use a spacious sailing catamaran named Calypso Girl for their excursions. In addition to serving lunch, they offer hors d’oeuvres, snacks, and all-inclusive drinks throughout the day. Maxing out at 12 people per cruise, Calypso Cruises is best for small groups and intimate outings. Cruises last 3-5+ hours depending on which package you select.
I’ve gone on the Calypso snorkel cruise several times and it’s always one of the highlights. Captain Nick takes you to beautiful coral reefs around the island where you can see tropical fish and incredible shipwrecks in the crystal clear waters off the Barbados coastline. Plus, the food is amazing! The snorkel tour includes a premium bar (with some dangerously good signature cocktails) and a Bajan lunch buffet, complete with macaroni pie and other local favorites!
- Located in Bridgetown near Carlisle Bay
- Lunch cruises, sunset cruises, and private tours available
- Tours include snorkel gear and unlimited drinks
- One of the best catamaran cruises in Barbados with over 500 Excellent reviews on TripAdvisor
- Check Captain Nick’s availability
Elegance Catamaran Cruises Barbados
Elegance Catamaran Cruises Barbados also offers all three types of cruises – private tours, sunset cruises, and lunch and snorkel cruises. Lunch cruises start from Bridgetown and offer snorkeling stops, a delicious meal, and plenty of time for lounging on the way back. These trips have a maximum of 12 guests.
Sunset dinner cruises offer a unique opportunity to snorkel as the sun goes down and enjoy a delicious dinner with all-inclusive drinks. All Elegance cruises offer hotel transportation and have an open bar.
- Located in Bridgetown
- Luxury experience
- They offer a sunset dinner cruise, a lunchtime catamaran snorkeling cruise, and a private cruise option
- Food, drinks, hotel transportation, and snorkel gear included
- Book Elegance Catamaran Cruise
Cool Runnings Catamaran
Cool Runnings Catamaran is another popular Barbados cruise option that offers great value. Snorkel and lunch cruises are offered daily while sunset cruises are only offered Wednesdays and Thursdays each week. Private tours are by appointment.
All Cool Runnings tours include a buffet meal and all-inclusive drinks. Snorkeling equipment is provided and they also offer transportation to and from your hotel or cruise ship terminal.
- Located in Bridgetown
- Over 2000 Excellent reviews on TripAdvisor
- Hotel transportation, meal, and drinks included
- Book Cool Runnings Catamaran Cruise
El Tigre Catamaran Barbados
The El Tigre Catamaran Barbados has over 400 excellent reviews on Viator and offers memorable tours aboard their 60-foot catamaran. You’ll kick off your catamaran tour with a snorkel among the shipwrecks and ocean life, then you’ll return to El Tigre for unlimited drinks and good vibes.
El Tigre offers 3-hour cruises and 5-hour cruises. All tours come with snorkel gear and bottomless drinks. The 5-hour cruise option also includes lunch. They also offer a 3-hour sunset cruise.
- Accommodation pick up and drop off at select hotels
- Maximum 36 guests per cruise
- Discounted pricing for children under 12
- Book an El Tigre Catamaran Barbados Cruise
Tiami Silver Cruises Barbados
Tiami Silver Cruises Barbados offers eight different cruise ships to travel on and tours include delicious local dishes. Each cruise ship is custom-built and incredibly spacious.
Tiami Catamaran Cruises offers private charters that go above and beyond with live music and catered food by request. The lunch cruises have three swimming and snorkeling stops as well as a delicious lunch buffet — perfect for anyone who wants to get to know the friendly sea turtles and see colorful marine life off the coast of Barbados. The sunset cruise has a full buffet dinner and gorgeous views.
- Located in Bridgetown
- Luxury Packages
- 8 available cruise ships
- Round trip transfers
- Book Tiami Cruises Barbados
Silver Moon Barbados
Silver Moon Barbados has been around since 2002 and is run by Nick and Nicky. Silver Moon Barbados has a fleet of three ships. Silver Moon Barbados offers two excursion options. You can book a lunch cruise that lasts about 5 hours and has a maximum capacity of 12 passengers per trip. You’ll enjoy an incredible Bajan meal, bottomless drinks, and transportation from your accommodation.
The second option is a private charter that can be booked for any time of day. Food is catered and private pickup is offered. The amount of time is by request.
- Located in Bridgetown
- 4500+ Excellent Reviews on TripAdvisor
- Lunch cruises and private charters
- Book your excursion with Silver Moon Catamarans
Jammin Catamaran Cruises
Jammin Catamaran Cruises offers fun-filled daytime and evening catamaran trips the whole family will love. All cruises include a delicious buffet meal, an open bar, hotel pickup, and even water slides!
The Sun Blast Cruise lasts about five and a half hours and there are plenty of activities for kids and adults alike. The Twilight Cruise promotes a 4-hour sunset cruise with entertainment. If you’re planning a special event, their private cruises can hold up to 85 people at a time. This is a great option for larger groups.
- Located in Bridgetown
- Round Trip Hotel Transfers
- Great for families with kids
- Large group private catamaran option
- Book Jammin Catamaran Cruises
Seaduced Luxury Catamaran
If you’re looking for luxury, Seaduced Luxury Catamaran Barbados won’t disappoint. Both private and semi-private charters are available. Private cruises last about 5 hours and are scheduled based on the requested time. Semi-private charters have a maximum of 14 people and include snorkeling, refreshments, and a chef-prepared lunch.
If spending the afternoon on a luxury yacht in the Caribbean sounds like your definition of paradise, take a look at Seaduced Catamarans.
- Located in Bridgetown
- Luxury yacht experience
- Private Chef
- Book Seaduced Luxury Catamaran
FAQ: Taking a Catamaran Cruise in Barbados
How much is a catamaran cruise in Barbados?
Catamaran cruises in Barbados typically cost between $75 and $150 USD per person for a half-day, non-private charter. Usually, this includes several hours of exploring, snorkel equipment, drinks, snacks, and a meal.
How long is a Barbados catamaran cruise?
Catamaran boat trips typically last anywhere from a few hours to a half day, depending on the offer you book. When you make your reservation, your captain will tell you when to meet the boat and what time you can expect to return.
What do you wear on a catamaran cruise in Barbados?
Most Barbados catamaran cruises are casual and involve lots of swimming, so I recommend wearing a bathing suit with an easy coverup or tee-shirt for when you want sun protection. A hat is nice to have for keeping the sun off your face, and you’ll definitely want to bring sun screen and sun glasses. It’s also a good idea to bring a quick-drying towel so you can dry off between snorkel sessions. On your feet, a pair of flip flops is fine since you’ll take off your shoes before you get on board.
Final Thoughts: Top Catamaran Trips in Barbados
Whether you are looking for a relaxing day trip or a bit of adventure among the impressive reefs, you’ll have no problem finding the perfect Barbados catamaran tour for you. Check out the catamaran experiences above for an unforgettable experience.
More Fun Things To Do In Barbados
- The Ultimate Barbados Travel Guide
- Fun Things To Do In Barbados
- Best Beaches in Barbados
- Visiting Animal Flower Cave Barbados
- Best Barbados Shore Excursions for Cruise Ship Travelers
- Best Sunset Spots in Barbados