Looking for a family-friendly resort on the stunning south coast of Barbados? Then you won’t want to miss Bougainvillea Barbados! In this Bougainvillea Barbados hotel review, we’ll look at what you can expect during your stay.
About Bougainvillea Barbados
Tucked away in a lush garden of tropical plants and flowers, you’ll find the Bougainvillea hotel in Barbados. Bougainvillea is a four-star hotel in Barbados located right on the beach in a desirable south coast neighborhood.
This family-owned resort has been open since 1995 and underwent a large renovation in 2018, so today, guests can enjoy fresh amenities and personal touches. Bougainvillea Barbados is known for being family-friendly and it offers spacious rooms, convenient amenities, and two delicious onsite restaurants.
All this in a pristine beachfront location, and you’ve got a recipe for a lovely vacation in Barbados!
Where Is The Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados Located?
The Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados is located on the south coast of the island in the Christ Church parish on Maxwell Coast Road. It’s steps from Maxwell Beach and a short walk to the lively St. Lawrence Gap neighborhood.
If you’re traveling by air, the Bougainvillea Resort in Barbados is about a 15-minute drive from the airport. From Bridgetown, it’s a 15-20 minute drive depending on traffic conditions.
Bougainvillea Resort Barbados Review
In this Bougainvillea Resort Barbados review, we’ll take a look at the amenities, room offerings, and dining options available to guests.
Amenities at Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados
Bougainvillea Beach Resort is packed with amenities the whole family will enjoy! In addition to having direct access to two top-notch beaches, guests can enjoy three pools, a swim-up bar, and lush, tropical surroundings.
Guests have access to wellness amenities like a fitness center and a spa. Guests can also participate in fun water sports like swimming, kayaking, snorkeling, and paddleboarding. If you need a break from the sun, head to the games room for video games and billiard games.
If you’re traveling with children, Bougainvillea also has a kids club where guests between the ages of 3 and 12 can enjoy special activities just for them!
Related Post: 18 Fun Things To Do In Barbados With Kids And Families
Rooms and Suites at Bougainvillea Barbados
The Bougainvillea Barbados Resort offers several room types to suit your needs. There are 100 rooms and suites on the property and all of them have large beds, air-conditioning, nice views, and private bathrooms.
- Deluxe Studio: Kitchenette and terrace with pool, ocean, or garden view
- Junior Suite: Kitchenette, seating area, terrace with pool, ocean, or garden view
- Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite: Bedroom separate from the living room and kitchen area, sleeps 4
- Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite: Two bedrooms separated from the living room and kitchen area, sleeps 6
- Honeymoon Suite: Top floor suite with spacious private sun deck and view
- Two-Bedroom Beachfront Suite: Two bedrooms and separate living area and kitchen, multiple balconies and outdoor spaces, sleeps 6
- One-Bedroom Penthouse: Penthouse with separate bedroom, spacious balcony, living space, and a kitchen
Dining at the Bougainvillea Resort Barbados
Bougainvillea Resort is home to two delicious restaurants that you’ll definitely want to try during your stay. Calabash Cafe is a casual, open-air restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with sea views.
Siam Restaurant offers Thai-inspired dishes and craft cocktails. Enjoy excellent Asian dishes while listening to the waves and the swaying palm trees.
Special Offers and Packages
Bougainville has some special offers and packages available to make your stay even better!
Bougainvillea Barbados All-Inclusive Package
If you’re looking for an all-inclusive Barbados vacation, Bougainvillea could fit the bill! The Bougainvillea All-Inclusive package is available from March 15 – December 20 and includes breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner, as well as alcoholic beverages for those who are of age.
To learn more about the Bougainvillea Barbados All-Inclusive package, you can contact the hotel directly via their website.
Bougainvillea Barbados Staycation Package
If you’re a resident of Barbados and have a valid Barbados ID, you might be eligible for the Bougainvillea Staycation Package. If spending a few days in a relaxing junior suite with access to all resort amenities sounds like a dream, you can learn more by contacting the hotel directly via their website.
Bougainvillea Barbados Reviews Online
The Bougainvillea Barbados reviews online are generally very good. Recent guest reviews highlight the friendly staff and beautiful hotel grounds. Rooms are spacious, updated, and comfortable. Guests also frequently mention loving the view from their balcony and the excellent location near St. Lawrence Gap and Oistins.
You can read more reviews on Booking here.
Things To Do Nearby
Bougainvillea Barbados is located on the south coast of the island, which is one of my favorite areas to stay. The south coast offers a great balance of beach activities and nightlife. There are tons of upscale restaurants and attractions all within a short drive, so you won’t run out of things to do!
- Take Surfing Lessons: Freights Bay in Oistins Barbados is one of the best places to learn to surf on the island, and maybe the world! With gentle, clear, water and frequent visits from sea turtles, you’ll definitely want to hop on a board and give it a go! Read more about surfing in Barbados here!
- Experience the Oistins Fish Fry: On Friday nights, the town of Oistins lights up for the weekly fish fry. Come by to try fresh-caught fish and local favorites like macaroni pie, cooked with love under the stars.
- Go Out in St. Lawrence Gap: St. Lawrence Gap is known for being the party and nightlife epicenter of the island. Stop by for a drink or two and you might find yourself dancing the night away.
Why Choose Bougainvillea Barbados Resort?
Bougainvillea Barbados resort is a great option if you want direct access to two amazing beaches on the south coast. With conveniences like two onsite restaurants, a swim-up bar, and included water sports like kayaking, snorkeling, and paddleboarding, you’ll have everything you need for an amazing Barbados vacation, all in one place.
With one and two-bedroom suites available, Bougainvillea is perfect for families or groups of friends traveling together. All rooms have kitchenettes or full kitchens, so you have the option to make some meals at home if you prefer.
There are even romantic honeymoon suites available if you’re celebrating a special occasion with your significant other.
With great reviews, a beautiful location, spacious rooms, and plenty of fun amenities, you won’t want to miss Bougainvillea Barbados!
Read More About Places To Stay In Barbados
Planning a Barbados vacation? These accommodation guides can help you find the perfect place to stay!
- 14 Best Resorts in Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados Review: St. Philip, Barbados
- Sugar Bay Barbados All-Inclusive Review: Bridgetown, Barbados
- Crystal Cove Barbados All-Inclusive Review: St. James, Barbados
- South Gap Hotel Review: St. Lawrence Gap, Barbados