Looking for a memorable resort in Barbados? The Crane won’t disappoint! Located along the rugged south-eastern coast, The Crane Resort Barbados is a high-end escape with a view. It was the first place I stayed on my first trip to Barbados, and I immediately felt relaxed the minute I stepped onto the beautiful grounds. Here’s everything you need to know about staying at the Crane Resort to help you decide if it’s the right fit for you too.
Crane Resort Barbados Highlights:
- Oldest continually operating hotel in the Carbibbean
- Quiet location on the south-east coast of Barbados
- Numerous pools, gardens, and resort amenities with palm trees and sea views
- Close proximity to Crane Beach (one of the most beautiful beaches on the island)
- 7 restaurants and dining options, including a poolside restaurant
- Large rooms with luxurious bathrooms and kitchenettes
- Check prices and availability
About The Crane Resort Barbados
The Crane Resort has been in operation for over 100 years and is one of the longest-running hotels in the Caribbean. Early visitors were blown away by the beauty of Crane Beach, which is considered to be one of the best beaches on the island, to this day!
The resort’s cliff-side location means there is always a fresh breeze blowing through the property, so it’s no wonder that guests flock here for relaxation. Today, The Crane Resort welcomes visitors and permanent residents year-round to enjoy world-class views.
Book the Crane Resort in Barbados now.
Where Is The Crane Barbados?
The Crane is located in the St. Philip Parish in an area called Diamond Valley. It’s on the south-eastern coast of Barbados and the resort faces out to sea over Crane Beach, a popular pink-sand beach in Barbados.
How Far Is The Crane Resort From The Barbados Airport?
The Crane Resort is just a short drive east from Grantley Adams international airport. The driving distance is approximately 8km and the drive time is 10-15 minutes.
Does The Crane Resort Provide A Shuttle To The Airport?
The Crane does offer airport transfers for an additional fee. Currently, the rate is $40 USD one way or $58 USD round trip for two people.
To request this service, there is a form on the Crane website where you can fill in your flight information and book a transfer.
The Crane Resort Barbados Review
What is it like to stay at the Crane Resort Barbados? This review section will break down what to expect!
Rooms and Suites
The Crane has over a dozen different suites to choose from. There are junior suites as well as one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom options to accommodate families and groups of all sizes.
All suites are filled with old-world charm and come with air conditioning, ceiling fans, beautiful wood furniture, a luxurious marble bathroom, jacuzzi whirlpool tub, separate showers, and free Wi-Fi. Rooms either have kitchenettes or full kitchens for preparing meals, and outside your door you’ll be just steps from world-class resort amenities.
Even the smallest option, the Junior Suite, is spacious, beautifully designed, and comfortable for two people. All suites have large balconies and some even have private pools!
When I visited, I stayed in a Junior Suite and I loved having a balcony with lounge chairs overlooking the lush gardens.
Amenities at The Crane Resort
You won’t run out of things to do at The Crane! Guests can enjoy five pools, four restaurants, a spa, bars, tennis courts, shops, and plenty of green space.
The resort is also located just a few steps away from the famous Crane Beach, which is known for having pink-tinted sand!
Get a massage at the Serenity Spa, break a sweat at the fitness center, or book a yoga class right on site! The Crane can even help you organize a game of golf at the nearby Barbados Golf Club.
There’s even a complimentary kids club for children between the ages of 4 and 12.
Free parking is also available at The Crane.
Crane Beach Barbados
Perhaps one of the best parts about staying at The Crane is having direct access to Crane Beach! Crane Beach is a small sliver of pink-toned sand nestled between cliffs.
Surrounded by lush vegetation and intense rock formations, you’ll feel like you’re in another world at Crane Beach!
Guests of The Crane Resort can use umbrellas and beach chairs for free. Down on the beach, there is a beach bar where you can order food and drinks.
There is also an elevator that connects the resort to the beach so you don’t have to worry about climbing hundreds of stairs.
Dining At The Crane
While staying at The Crane, make sure to check out all the delicious dining options!
- Zen Restaurant: Enjoy Thai cuisine and Japanese cuisine with a view of Crane Beach! Formal, open for dinner from 5 pm – 8 pm, closed Tuesday
- L’Azure Restaurant: Caribbean flavors and breakfast options with bright ocean views. Casual, open for breakfast from 7:30 am – 11:00 am
- D’Onofrio’s Trattoria: Southern Italian fare and delicious pizza. Casual, open for dinner from 5 pm – 8 pm
- The Carriage House: The perfect place to grab lunch by the pool or try a tasty cocktail. Casual, open for lunch from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- The Grove Beach Bar and Grill: Grab a drink on the beach or a snack from the grill, located on Crane Beach. Casual, open for lunch 11:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- Bar 1887: Enjoy wines and drinks at the bar with tasty tapas. Casual, open for drinks and tapas from 4:30 pm – 8:00 pm.
- The Village Cafe: The perfect place to satisfy your sweet tooth with fresh cakes and gelato, or order a specialty coffee. Casual, open for ice cream, coffee, and baked goods from 7:00 am – 7:00 pm.
COVID might affect opening hours with these restaurants. Please check the Crane website to verify open times during your trip.
Things To Do Near The Crane
If you’re interested in exploring outside the resort, there are some fun sites to see close to The Crane!
- Sam Lord’s Castle: See the ruins of an infamous pirate home which was later turned into a hotel. (3km from The Crane)
- Shark Hole: This swim spot doesn’t have sharks, but it’s a great place to cool off and it’s sheltered from the rough waves by a reef. (2.9km from The Crane)
- Cutters of Barbados: A fabulous lunch spot where you can try local sandwiches called Cutters and award-winning Rum Punch. (600m from The Crane)
Crane Barbados Resort Cost
The cost to stay at The Crane Barbados Resort depends on the room you select. Below are some room options. Click the blue buttons to check prices and availability in real-time.
- Junior Suites
- One-Bedroom Suites
- One-Bedroom Suites with Private Plunge Pools
- Two-Bedroom Deluxe Suites with Private Garden Pools
- Three-Bedroom Penthouse with Private Plunge Pool
Rates may shift at any time. You can check current prices on booking.com.
Is The Crane Barbados All Inclusive?
No, The Crane Barbados is not all-inclusive. Luckily, there are plenty of delicious restaurants and bars on the property for guests to enjoy. If you want, you can choose to have breakfast included with your booking.
If you’re interested in an all-inclusive Barbados vacation, check out this post!
Pros and Cons of The Crane Barbados
With any accommodation, there are upsides and downsides. In this section, we’ll break down the pros and cons of staying at the Crane Resort.
To start, The Crane is absolutely gorgeous. The property is huge and everywhere you turn, there’s lush plant life, ocean views, and charming shops to explore.
There are five pools on the property and the main pool area is located high up on the cliffs and has a sweeping view out to sea. There is plenty of space to swim, sunbathe, or relax in the shade, all while taking in some of the best views on the island.
The rooms at The Crane are comfortable and spacious. Some rooms even come with their own private pools! But even standard rooms offer plenty of space so you won’t feel crowded.
The breakfast buffet is well-supplied and the dining area has a lovely view over Crane Beach. There’s no better way to start the day than eating a plate of delicious food while listening to the waves crash in the distance.
Some travelers might not like that the Crane is in a more remote location. While there are a few restaurants and attractions within walking distance, you’ll need to rent a car or take a taxi if you want to do any serious exploring.
Final Thoughts: The Crane Barbados
Overall, The Historic Crane Resort in Barbados is an amazing place to stay in Barbados and offers beautiful views, great service, and plenty of appealing on-site amenities. Its stunning grounds and long history easily make The Crane one of the best resorts in Barbados.