The Worthing Square Food Court is one of my favorite places to eat on the south coast of Barbados. Tucked away under shady trees filled with twinkle lights, Worthing Square Barbados is a food truck garden with over twenty vendors serving pizza, sushi, roti, chicken wings, Mount Gay Rum, bubble tea, and everything in between.
Great food combined with live music and a relaxed outdoor atmosphere make Worthing Square Barbados a must when visiting the island. Here’s what you should know before you go.
Where is the Worthing Square Barbados food court?
Worthing Square is located in Worthing, Christ Church between St. Lawrence Gap and Bridgetown. It’s directly behind the Esso gas station and across from the Trimart Supermarket at the corner of Worthing Main Road and Rendezvous Hill Road.
What foods are available at Worthing Food Court Barbados?
Worthing Food Court has dozens of different food trucks and dining establishments to choose from. You can try jerk chicken, Trinidadian rotis, wood-fired pizza, Indonesian street food, falafel, kebabs, street pasta, fried chicken, iced coffee, bakery items, and so much more.
Here are a few of my favorite stands:
- Frii Guys: Fries, wings, and braised pulled chicken that’s so good you’ll probably go again tomorrow night. All plates come covered with decadent sauces — make sure to get a mix of all three!
- StixGrill: This truck serves tasty meat and vegetable skewers with Mediterranean flavors, and their hummus is divine! I get their hummus as a starter nearly every time I go to the Worthing Food Court and it’s served with warm, freshly grilled pita bread.
- Arepitas Barbados: Amazing Venezuelan cuisine with veggie-friendly options. You can get empanadas, arepas, quesadillas, tostones, and more with your choice of beef, chicken, or vegetables.
- Mount Gay Cocktail Truck: Get the rum punch here! It will knock your socks off.
- Agape Cafe: Delightful bubble tea with lots of milk and fruit flavors. The people running the shop are so kind and will help if you don’t know what to choose. I rose milk bubble tea here for the first time and it was unique and totally delightful.
These are some of my go-to’s, but you really can’t go wrong with any of the restaurants here. It’s a foodie’s paradise, and every time you stop by there’s a chance to discover your new favorite spot.
You can check out all the current food trucks on their website directory.
Planning your visit
If you’re driving to the Worthing Food Court, there’s a parking lot right behind the Esso gas station available for visitors. It fills up quickly, so come early if you want a spot. If you don’t want to deal with parking, the ZR van 11 stops right outside the Esso on Worthing Main Road.
The Worthing Food Garden is open every day from around 9:00am until 11:30pm, or whenever the crowds wind down. Some food trucks have slightly different hours though, so if there’s one place you’re particularly interested in visiting, check their website or social media page to confirm they’ll be open when you’re there.
Nearly every night of the week, there is live music or entertainment like karaoke happening on the main stage. We stayed in this area a few years ago, and it was really nice to listen to jazz and reggae from our front patio.
There are clean bathrooms located in the middle of the food court and there’s a water dispenser for refilling bottles. There’s also WiFi available for guests, just ask a Worthing Food Court staff member or vendor for the password.
Nearly all of the vendors will take cards, but it’s always a good idea to bring some cash in case someone’s reader isn’t working.
Most importantly, come hungry! There are a lot of great dishes to try and this is the perfect spot for a casual night out with friends and music under the stars.
Read more about dining in Barbados:
- Discover the Best Restaurants in Barbados 2023
- Where to find the Best Breakfast in Barbados
- Oistins Restaurant Guide and Food Recommendations
- Bridgetown Restaurant Guide and Food Recommendations
- Surfer’s Cafe Restaurant Review
- Baby Doll Barbados Review
Best of Barbados: